Regulatory Services Online Licensing System - Initial Application for Atheltic Trainers ONLY
Athletic Trainers must now apply for their initial licenses through the new Regulatory Services Online Licensing System. Select the link below to begin the online initial application process. When using the online service, initial license application fees may be paid only using a major credit card.
Athletic Trainers must now apply online for their initial license through our new system.
Apply for Your Initial License Online through the Regulatory Services Online Licensing System
Once you submit an online application, your fees and information will be processed automatically and routed electronically to the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
You should therefore postmark the other required documents and/or forms listed below on or shortly after the date you submit the online application, to avoid a delay in processing time.
The board recommends that you attach a copy of the "Receipt Page" (the final page you are able to print out when you complete the online application) to any documents you submit to our office.
Additional Information Required of all Athletic Trainer applicants, except BOC applicants:
1. Submit an official, original transcript from the college or university registrar that verifies completion of, or enrollment in the required courses, enrollment for the duration of the apprenticeship, and the award of the degree, if it has been awarded.
2. Complete and submit the Apprenticeship Record Form (available below)
3. Submit a copy of your current CPR card.
4. If you have a disability requiring appropriate accommodations in taking the state examination, submit the Request for Disability Accommodation Form (available below). In addition, please attach a statement on letterhead stationary from a professional who is familiar with your disability. This statement must describe the disability for which you require accommodation.
Additional Information Required of Athletic Trainer applicants who hold current BOC certification:
1. Submit an official, original transcript from the college or university registrar that verifies the award of the degree.
2. Submit a copy of your current CPR card.
3. Submit a copy of the front and back of your current BOC certification card (not membership card).
Mail all required information and forms to:
Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Texas Department of State Health Services
Mail Code 1982
P.O. Box 149347
Austin , Texas 78714-9347
NOTE: If you wish to apply for a temporary license, the online application process does not have that option. Please contact the board office to request a temporary license application.