• Contact this Program Search this Program
    Customer Surveys

    Please let us know how we are doing by completing our customer service survey.

Permit Information - Abusable Volatile Chemicals Program

Who is Required to Obtain an AVC Permit?

An AVC Permit is required for:

  • Retail businesses that will be selling AVC Products and do not have a current AVC Permit
  • Retail businesses that have previously held an AVC Permit, but has had a change of ownership or a change of permitted business location

Applying for a new AVC Permit is easy. Prior to starting your online application, you will want to have the following information readily available:

  • Business information, including physical and mailing addresses
  • Ownership information
  • Your Federal Tax ID number

Initial Permits

Abusable Volatile Chemical (AVC) Permit holders can now apply for their initial permits through the Regulatory Services Online Licensing System. When using the online service, initial permit application fees may be paid only using a major credit card. You will be required to create a new user account to apply for a permit.

Once the online application has been submitted, fees and information will be processed automatically and routed electronically to the AVC Program.

Renewing an Existing Permit

All retailers holding an Abusable Volatile Chemical (AVC) Permit must now renew online through the Regulatory Services Online Licensing System.

Fee Schedule

DSHS has been authorized by the Texas Legislature to charge an additional fee to recover costs associated with development and maintenance of Texas.gov services. There is an additional fee of $4.00 that will be added to the two-year AVC permit fee of $55.00. Therefore, the total permit fee for each facility will be $59.00 (for both initial permits and renewals). This fee applies to all AVC permit holders, including parent companies, whether or not your business chooses to apply for its AVC Permit online.

Additional Help and Resources

If you have any questions about the online application service or fees, please contact the AVC Permit Program by email, or call (512) 834-6600.

For assistance using the online licensing system, please see the Frequently Asked Questions about Online Licensing webpage.

For technical assistance contact vo@dshs.state.tx.us and please provide detailed information about your issue(s), including a description of your problem(s). Please insert or attach relevant screen captures, if possible.

Last updated September 4, 2015