Do not use the links and forms below if you are already a registered Code Enforcement Officer and need to renew. This web page is only for new Code Enforcement Officer applicants. If you are unsure of the qualifications required for this type of license, please see the rules, 25 TAC Chapter 140, Subchapter D.
Regulatory Services Online Licensing System - Initial Application for Code Enforcement Officer and Code Enforcement Officer in Training ONLY
Code Enforcement Officer and Code Enforcement Officer in Training applicants may now apply for their initial Registration through the new Regulatory Services Online Licensing System. Select the link below to begin the online initial application process. When using the online service, initial registration application fees may be paid only using a major credit card.
Apply for Your Initial Registration Online through the Regulatory Services Online Licensing System
Once you submit an online application, your fees and information will be processed automatically and routed electronically to the Code Enforcement Officer Registration Program. You should therefore postmark the other required documents and/or forms listed below on or shortly after the date you submit the online application, to avoid a delay in processing time. The department recommends that you attach a copy of the "Receipt Page" (the final page you are able to print out when you complete the online application) to any documents you submit to our office.
Additional Information Required of Code Enforcement Officer applicants:
1. Notarized copy of high school diploma, GED, or college transcript.
2. Notarized copy of TEEX certificate (if you have already completed the one-week Basic Code Enforcement class). If not, please be aware that you will need to send a notarized copy of your certificate once you have completed the course before your registration will be issued.
3. If applying for registration as a Code Enforcement Officer in Training, complete and submit the Supervisor Contract Form D. If you would like to apply less than one year of experience towards your one year of experience requirement, complete and submit the Employer Affidavit Form C.
4. If applying for registration as a Code Enforcement Officer, complete and submit the Employer Affidavit Form C. Please be aware that if your work experience summary and work dates do not adequately show at least 1 year of full-time experience (not less than 32 hours per week) in the field of code enforcement, you will be required to submit additional documentation.
5. Once this application is approved, you will be mailed an examination admission letter along with detailed information on the examination and scheduling procedures. Please note: You may not schedule your examination with Pearson VUE until your application has been approved and an examination letter has been issued.
Mail all required information listed above (no fees) to our office.
Code Enforcement Officer Registration Program
Texas Department of State Health Services
Mail Code 1982
P.O. Box 149347
Austin , Texas 78714-9347