Welcome. This information is to assist you in scheduling your EMS certification or licensing exam. All testing for ECA, EMT, Advanced EMT and paramedic certification/licensure will be done through National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at Pearson VUE testing sites.
What should everyone know?
- All education programs and students must register with NREMT. The NREMT web address is www.nremt.org.
- Pearson VUE is a separate entity that has an agreement with NREMT to give the exams. The Authorization to Test (ATT) is your permission slip to contact Pearson VUE to schedule your exam.
- Coordinators should issue students an individual course completion certificate; these will be audited as needed by DSHS; you will need the information on your course completion certificate
when applying with DSHS. You will need
your DSHS course number and completion date when completing an online
application with DSHS.
- The ECA and EMT practical (skills) testing are done within the education course. National Registry representatives are still needed for advanced practical exams.
- Be sure you have the program name and program number assigned to your registration program by NREMT before scheduling an exam.
What about Texas EMS renewal candidates who choose the written exam option?
- This option is still available. This assessment exam will be a CBT exam as well. We will use an exam developed for DSHS by NREMT and will follow the same process for the other CBT exams.
- When you create your account, you will choose assessment exam.
- Exam results will be reported directly to DSHS.
- Visit the NREMT webpage or
call the NREMT at (614) 888-4484.