Guidelines for the Local Provider Network Development Plan
The FY 2016 Local Planning and Network Development (LPND) Cycle begins on November 16, 2015. Please note the following information about the 2016 planning cycle:
- Networks developed through this process do not serve individuals who are covered by Medicaid Managed Care.
- LMHAs must conduct a new assessment of provider availability for 2016.
- Contracting with individuals practitioners is not included in the Local Provider Network Development planning process.
- Provider organizations can register their interest in contracting with one or more LMHAs through the DSHS website or by contacting an LMHA directly. DSHS will forward Provider Inquiry forms to LMHAs as they are submitted.
- If there are no provider organizations interesting in providing a full level of care or specialty services, an LMHA is not required to develop a procurement plan.
- The Local Network Development Plan does not restrict an LMHA from pursuing other opportunities for contracting with providers as those opportunities arise.
- LMHAs are not required to obtain community input before developing the revised plan, but the draft plan must be posted for public comment for at least 30 days.
- The Planning and Network Advisory Committee (PNAC) must be actively involved in the development of the Local Provider Network Development Plan.
- Plans are due on March 1, 2016.
Local Planning and Network Development (LPND) Template
The LPND Template, below, contains detailed instructions for completing each item:
Plan Submission Schedule
Completed plans are due on March 1, 2016. Plans should be submitted to the DSHS Performance Contracts mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan Review Process
- Draft Plan – This draft must be made available by the LMHA to the service area and all stakeholders/interested parties for review and comment during the planning period. This review period must extend for at least 30 days.
- Plan sent to DSHS – Plans must be submitted to DSHS by March 1, 2016. DSHS will review the plan and either approve or disapprove it. If approved, the LMHA is notified in writing and instructed to post the approved plan on the LMHA’s web page. If disapproved, the plan is returned to the LMHA for revision and resubmission.
- Approval criteria – The LANAC has developed a set of general criteria to guide the review process. These criteria provide a tool for reviewers to use in applying the rule, which governs approval of local plans.
For more information, please send an email to LPND@dshs.state.tx.us.