Regular visiting hours
- Monday through Friday 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Visitors must be 13 years of age or older.
- Exceptions to the above may only be made by doctor orders.
Regular visiting within clinical areas of the Center may be restricted, limited or eliminated by the nurse in charge for reasons of:
- Potentially dangerous or disruptive situations in the area, which require special attention to reducing unit activity to establish acceptable levels of control and order.
- During periods of clinical emergencies where the safety of patients, visitors or staff may be compromised.
Regular visiting within clinical areas of the Center may be restricted, limited, or eliminated by the nurse in charge during periods of increased safety risk due to disaster, fire or bomb threat.
Restricting visiting periods may require that a patient be escorted away from the immediate area of concern so as to allow for visitation by clergy or the patient's legal representative.
On admission and during the patient's length of stay, the patient will be queried as to what visitors, if any are to be allowed to visit within the Center.
The visitor will be sent to the reception desk to verify the confidentiality code prior to allowing the visitation. The receptionist will call the designated unit to validate that the individuals wishing to visit are on the patient's log of approved visitors and what instructions may be necessary to assist the visitor in accessing the unit.
If an individual arrives at a facility entrance requesting entry to visit a patient and does not have a confidentiality code and/or is not on the approved visitors list; the receptionist will call a registered nurse on the unit to verify the patient's desire to have the individual added to the approved list. At all times, care will be taken not to breach a patient's right to confidentiality by revealing that a patient is in the facility.
Patients will normally be limited to two visitors at a time unless specific arrangements have been made for a large group or family to visit together. In this case, the receptionist will be notified of the time of the planned visit and the number authorized to visit.