March 17, 2009
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and several community health partners will begin assessing community health in Lamb County March 20.
The Lamb County Community Health Assessment will focus on education, prevention, care and treatment services for physical health, mental health and substance abuse.
Participants can complete an anonymous survey in English or Spanish online at www.dshs.state.tx.us/lamb through April 20 or may attend one of six community forums.
Community forums will be held as follows:
- March 23, Olton, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Olton Ag Pavilion, 110 Avenue D.
- March 24, Littlefield, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lamb Healthcare Center, 1500 S. Sunset.
- March 24, Littlefield, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Lamb Healthcare Center, 1500 S. Sunset.
- March 25, Amherst, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Amherst Community Center, 1011 Main.
- March 26, Sudan, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sudan Community Center, 109 E. First St.
- March 31, Earth, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Earth City Hall, First and Birch streets.
An assessment report should be available by May 25.
Interpretation services and special accommodations may be arranged by calling Devon Casey at (806) 767-0309 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the forum.
(News media: For more information contact Dr. Peter Pendergrass, DSHS Health Services Region 1, Lubbock, 806-744-3577; or Emily Palmer, DSHS Assistant Press Officer, Austin, 512-458-7400.)