We are committed to protect the physical and environmental health of residents of Health Service Region 11, through excellence in program implementation and personal development.
The purpose of the Bureau of Radiation Control is to regulate the uses of radiation in Texas.
The various sections of the Bureau of Radiation Control reflect the programs various activities:
- License use of radioactive equipment
- Register radiation producing equipment
- Inspect licenses and registrants
- Enforce program regulations
- Operates on emergency response team
- Develops standards for control of radiation
DSHS Bureau of Radiation Control - http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/default.shtm
Julio Torres, Environmental Specialist III