Program Contact Number:
To monitor the compliance of Licenses and Registrants with the Radiation Control Act in order to promote and protect the physical and environmental health of the citizens of Texas by preventing unnecessary radiation exposure, and the release of radioactive materials to the environment. The mission is accomplished by performing inspections, incident/investigations, environmental monitoring, public education, and emergency response.
- Inspect licensed radioactive materials of users and facilities including industrial x-ray registrants to determine compliance with the Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation
- Inspect registered medical diagnostic X-ray equipment at medical facilities for compliance with the Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation
- Inspect registered medical mammographic x-ray equipment at medical facilities for compliance with the Food and Drug Administration guidelines 21 CFR 900
- Investigate complaints and incidents reported to the Agency from the general public and the occupationally exposed workforce
- Inspect lasers and nonionizing radiation devices for compliance with the Texas Regulations for the Control of Laser Radiation Hazards
Texas Department of State Health Services Radiation Control
If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact us.