Pregnant Post Partum Intervention/Treatment Programs provide intervention for pregnant and postpartum adult and adolescent women at risk for substance abuse. The programs are designed to reduce the incidence of fetal and infant alcohol, tobacco and drug (ATOD) to facilitate a healthy lifestyle for all participants.
Pregnant Post Partum Intervention Programs offer on-site, gender specific, community-based outreach, intervention, motivational counseling, case management, treatment referral and support for at risk women Risk factors include: domestic violence, mental health problems, teen pregnancy, and poverty Families are supported by planning and service coordination for children in foster care.
All pregnant and post partum teens and adults who are identified as being at risk of substance abuse/dependency or who have family members with substance abuse problems.
Services May Include
- Substance abuse screening and assessment.
- Counseling services that address gender-specific issues including relationships, parenting and sexual and physical abuse.
- Referral for Early Childhood Intervention services.
- Children's services, either directly or by referral, to address any developmental delays and to promote positive parent/child interaction and child outcomes.
- Counseling and other supportive interventions to address children's identified developmental, emotional or psychological needs
- Service and referral coordination with specialized female substance abuse treatment and other resources.
- Home visits, using Motivational Interviewing to intervene with substance abuse.
- Curriculum-based education in the areas of reproductive health, effects of ATOD on fetal development, parenting, fetal and child development, and family violence/safety. Such will programs are provided in a range of places including perinatal clinics, WIC sites and schools.
- Problem identification and referral.
- Individual and group crisis counseling.
- Alternative activities to address social and support needs.
- Service coordination for transition planning and continuity of care.
File viewing information • Información de visualización de archivos