Before you begin using Texas Electronic Death Registration, please download and review the documents below. Once you have downloaded and reviewed this material, go to the web address that was sent with your confirmation of registration email to begin using Texas Electronic Death Registration.
New User Documents that Should Be Downloaded
- Department Of State Health Services Texas Electronic Registrar Confidentiality And Non-Disclosure Agreement: Download Document (22 KB DOC)
- Department Of State Health Services Texas Electronic Registrar Remote Access Security Policy: Download Document (33 KB DOC)
- Department Of State Health Services Texas Electronic Registrar Password Guidance: Download Document (22 KB DOC)
- Department Of State Health Services Texas Electronic Registrar Service Level Agreement: Download Document (32 KB DOC)
For Local Registrars, County Clerks, and Birth Registrars
TER User Security Maintaince Instructions for Disabling Users (2.3 MB .pptx)
For Funeral and Mortuary Services:
For Medical Certifiers:
Some Funeral Service Providers using Texas Electronic Death Registration may be experiencing some difficulties opening windows to add new users or funeral directors. This may be do to your popup window blocker settings on you internet browser. Since Texas Electronic Death Registration for Funeral Service Providers and Medical Certifiers is a web browser based application your web browser might think that the windows that you are trying to open are actually popup windows and are blocking them. More information on TEDR and Pop-up Blockers.
Anyone purchasing a new computer system or changing/upgrading a current system for Texas Electronic Death will want to keep the following vendor preferred recommendations in mind:
- A computer with a 1.0 GHz processor or faster
- 512MB of RAM or more
- Windows XP operating system
- Web Browser with Flash Player (7.0 or greater)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor
- Internet access at 56K or better
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Information on viewing files.