The 2010 World Breastfeeding Month (WBM) theme for Texas:
When we think about breastfeeding, we think “Every ounce counts.” From those first drops of colostrum lasting the duration of the breastfeeding relationship, every single ounce counts towards the health of mom and baby. That is why this year’s World Breastfeeding Month (WBM) theme is Every Ounce Counts: Supporting Moms beyond the First Weeks.
Materials available for World Breastfeeding Month 2010
As this year’s World Breastfeeding Month theme springboards off of the "2009 Every Ounce Counts" campaign, materials from both years will be available.
- Radio, television, and outdoor public service announcements in English and Spanish will run during the month of August in Dallas/Fort Worth, El Paso, Houston, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, Beaumont/Port Arthur, Tyler/Nacogdoches, Lubbock, and Austin media markets.
- The "Every Ounce Counts" posters, "License to breastfeed in Public" pocket-sized cards, and the "Breastfeeding Friendly Establishment" decals and business flyers are available to order via the online WIC Catalog.
- The Breast Milk Storage Guidelines magnet has been revised to coordinate with our other campaign materials.
- The "Sing to Me" lullaby CDs will be available for ordering.
- Access "2010 Every Ounce Counts" toolkit for key campaign messages, media tools, and materials. WIC Breastfeeding Campaign Toolkit (7.1 mb, PDF)
New materials spotlight our most valuable participants: babies!
These materials include:
- 2010 WBM Poster — A poster of babies wearing t-shirts with our "Breastmilk: Every Ounce Counts" logo that can be framed and hung up anywhere in the clinic to contribute to a warm, welcoming environment.
- Cut-out hanging displays — Some of babies from the 2010 WBM poster have been featured in these unique displays. These cut-outs can be hung from the ceiling or can be used on a bulletin board.
- Stickers — A great way to promote the "Every Ounce Counts" breastfeeding logo and resource website.
The WBM theme, Supporting Moms beyond the First Weeks, will not be printed on any materials. Rather, it serves as a guide for WBM celebrations and clinic activities.
2010 World Breastfeeding Month Theme and Materials — Every Ounce Counts: Supporting Moms beyond the First Weeks