- Some experts have concluded that the unborn child is probably able to feel pain.
- The skin becomes less transparent as fat begins to deposit.
- Eyebrows and lashes appear.
- Breathing-like movements become regular and are detected by ultrasound, but the lungs have not developed enough to permit survival if birth occurs.
- The unborn child turns its entire body side to side and front to back.
- The length is about 6 to 7 inches.
Contact Woman's Right To Know
© 2003 Texas Department of Health. All rights reserved. Photos: Lennart Nilsson / Albert Bonniers Forlag AB, A Child Is Born, Dell Publishing Company. Used by permission.