Need help finding resources in your area?

 Dial 2-1-1 for help finding:

  • Emergency  food or housing
  • Child care
  • Crisis counseling or substance abuse treatment
  • Other services  

Dial 2-1-1. After you pick English or Spanish, pick Option 1. Or visit

Have questions about state benefits like Medicaid,  SNAP food benefits, or cash help for families?

Visit the Texas Health and Human Services website. Or dial 2-1-1. After you pick English or Spanish, pick Option 2.

Need to apply for CHIP or Children’s Medicaid? Want to learn more about these health programs? 

CHIP and Children’s Medicaid cover doctor visits, prescription drugs, dental care, eye exams, glasses, and much more. 

Call toll-free 1-877-543-7669 or visit Your Texas Benefits.

Need to find specific resources for people with disabilities?

Navigate Life Texas - This website is especially for families and parents of children with disabilities or special health-care needs and is designed to offer support, inspiration, resources, and links to services available.

Visit the Directory of Community Resources in Texas (hosted by The Center on Disability and Development at Texas A & M University)

Visit the Parent Companion, First Five Years website for resources for children birth to 5 years of age. 

Texas Poison Center Network - If you think someone has been poisoned or have a question about a poison, you should contact the Texas Poison Center Network by calling 1-800-222-1222 for immediate assistance. If the person is unconscious, having difficulty breathing or having a seizure, you should dial 9-1-1.

Last updated April 17, 2018