Information for COVID-19 Therapeutics Providers
This page contains information and resources for Texas COVID-19 therapeutics providers. Providers with questions can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page:
- COVID-19 Therapeutic and Test to Treat Locator Tools
- How To Request/Order Therapeutic Products
- Latest News & Updates
- Currently Authorized COVID-19 Therapeutics
- COVID-19 Therapeutics That Are No Longer Authorized
- Shelf Life Extension
- Important Links
- Job Aids & FAQs
- Billing & Coding Information
COVID-19 Therapeutics and Test to Treat Locator Tools
To find locations with COVID-19 therapeutics on hand and Test to Treat locations, please visit the following sites:
If you provide outpatient Veklury (Remdesivir) infusions, U.S Health and Human Services (HHS) has requested that you register your site on their HHS COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator to assist in matching patients at high risk of severe COVID-19 to the medications that can prevent disease progression.
- HHS and DSHS are requesting healthcare partners who order Veklury (remdesivir)for outpatient use to sign up to have their location listed on the HHS COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator
- Any infusion site opting into this initiative will be featured on the COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator as an outpatient Veklury provider
- Only information provided by the infusion site will be visible on the locator
- Infusion sites can opt out of being on the locator at any time
To have your site listed on the Outpatient Veklury (remdesivir) Locator, please click here to provide your information.
Evusheld No Longer Authorized as of 01/27/23
Evusheld (tixagevimab co-packaged with cilgavimab) is no longer authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, effective immediately. See the 01/27/23 DSHS letter to therapeutics providers for complete details.
Bebtelovimab No Longer Authorized as of 11/30/22
Bebtelovimab is no longer authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, effective immediately. See the 11/30/22 DSHS letter to therapeutics providers for complete details.
Weekly eDigests (PDFs)
- 03/20/23 Weekly eDigest: Update: NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines March 6; Reminder: Therapeutics Locator Tool to Include Outpatient Veklury(remdesivir) Providers; Update: Therapeutics Information Sheets; Update: Commercialization Information; Reminder: Shelf-Life Extensions
- 02/20/23 Weekly eDigest: NEW: Clinical Implementation Guide; Reminder: Therapeutics Locator Tool to Include Outpatient Veklury(remdesivir) Providers; Reminder: Evusheld Not Currently Authorized for Use in U.S.; Reminder: FDA EUA Revision for Paxlovid and Lagevrio; Reminder: Shelf-Life Extensions
How To Request/Order Therapeutic Products
Paxlovid or Lagevrio (molnupiravir)
Providers may request Paxlovid or Lagevrio on the HPOP Provider Portal or email email@example.com to sign up for the Oral Antivirals if your facility has a valid Texas Pharmacy License. Make sure your reporting of administered and on-hand therapeutics is current.
Providers may wish to purchase Veklury (remdesivir) for patients who are unable to take one of the oral antiviral medications. Hospitals can purchase Veklury through multiple distributors through the facility’s normal procurement processes (Gilead Resource Call Center at 1-800-226- 2056). Non-hospitals can purchase from AmerisourceBergen (Outpatient Product Information Guide including ordering).
For information on Convalescent Plasma, please visit Convalescent Plasma EUA HCP Fact Sheet.
Currently Authorized or Approved COVID-19 Therapeutics
Click on any of the buttons below to access a list of product-specific resources.
Shelf-life extension information can be found individually in each of the applicable product-specific sections, as well as in the Shelf-Life Extensions section below.
Lagevrio (molnupiravir) (Merck) Paxlovid: nirmatrelvir + ritonavir (Pfizer)
Veklury (remdesivir) (Commercially Available)
Information on how to order authorized or approved products are in the How To Request/Order Therapeutic Products section above.
The U.S. Government recommends that facilities and providers with unauthorized therapeutics retain all product in the event that future variants which are neutralized by unauthorized therapeutics become more prevalent in the U.S. in the future. Retained product must be appropriately held in accordance with storage conditions detailed in the corresponding authorized Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers and the Letter of Authorization.
Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) Products
Bamlanivimab + Etesevimab (Lilly) Casirivimab + Imdevimab (Regeneron) Sotrovimab (GlaxoSmithKline) Bebtelovimab (Lilly)
Long-Acting Antibody (LAAB) Product
Evusheld: tixagevimab + cilgavimab (AstraZeneca)
- Bebtelovimab shelf-life extended (ASPR)
- Shelf-Life Extension for Bamlanivimab (ASPR)
- Shelf-Life Extension of Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab
- Shelf-Life Extension for REGEN-COV (ASPR)
- Shelf-Life Extension for Sotrovimab (ASPR)
- Shelf-Life Extension for Evusheld (ASPR)
- Shelf-Life Extension for Paxlovid
- Health Partner Order Portal (HPOP) Provider Sign In
- NIH Statement on Therapies for High-Risk, Nonhospitalized Patients
- NIH Statement on Patient Prioritization for Outpatient Therapies
- SARS-CoV-2 Viral Mutations: Impact on COVID-19 Tests (FDA)
- COVID-19 Therapeutics (ASPR)
- Side-by-Side Overview of COVID-19 Therapeutics (ASPR)
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Decision Aid (ASPR)
Job Aids & FAQs
- FAQs for Therapeutics Providers (V.9.0, Updated 03/02/2023)
- Weekly calls with US HHS/ASPR Therapeutics Team: Email COVID19Therapeutics@HHS.gov to request invitations and links.
- HHS/ASPR Distribution and Administration of COVID 19 Therapeutics on Wednesdays from 1:00 - 2:00PM CT.
- HHS/ASPR Office Hours on Wednesdays from 2:30 - 3:00PM CT. 4:00PM ET)
- Federal COVID 19 Therapeutics Clinical Rounds every other Friday from 11:00 AM - noon CT
- Health Partner Ordering Portal (HPOP) Office Hour COVID 19 Therapeutics and Mpox combined- Every three weeks/Thursday (3:00-4:00PM CT)
- Stakeholder Meeting: State/Territorial Health Officials + National Heath Care & Med Orgs/Associations-Wednesdays (1:00 - 2:00PM CT)
- Stakeholder Meeting: Federal Retail Pharmacy Therapeutics Program (FRPTP) Participants- Monthly on Tuesdays (11:00 11:30PM CT)
Billing & Coding Information
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Provider Toolkit
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Billing
- CMS Monoclonal Antibody COVID-19 Infusion
- CMS Oral Antiviral Guidance
- CMS Medicare Part B Payment for COVID-19 Vaccines and Certain Monoclonal Antibodies
- U.S. HRSA COVID-19 Claims Reimbursement for Testing, Treatment, and Vaccine for the Uninsured
This page is being updated as new information becomes available.