Immunization Quality Improvement for Providers Program
The Immunization Quality Improvement for Providers (IQIP) Program promotes and supports the implementation of provider-level quality improvement strategies. IQIP strategies are designed to support healthcare providers in identifying opportunities to increase vaccine uptake in adherence with the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended routine immunization schedule and improve immunization service delivery.
The core quality improvement strategies of the IQIP Program supports Texas Vaccines for Children (TVFC) providers and are centered around improving immunization scheduling practices, leveraging the reporting functionality of the statewide immunization registry, ImmTrac2, and giving a strong vaccine recommendation (with an emphasis on HPV).
For more information about IQIP or additional technical assistance, please refer to the tiles below or contact your Responsible Entity (RE).
What is IQIP?
- IQIP is a collaborative approach to improving your clinic’s immunization program. The purpose of IQIP is to promote and support increased vaccine uptake through provider-level quality improvement strategies.
- The IQIP cycle takes place over 12 months to implement identified improvements to your clinic's vaccination processes. The cycle is conducted in 4 parts: the site visit where provider workflow is assessed and a Strategy Improvement Plan (SIP) is developed, and 3 subsequent check-ins where additional technical assistance is provided.
The 4 Strategies
As part of the IQIP process, the SIP focuses on 4 strategies designed to increase vaccine uptake in your facility. Each strategy includes provider-consultant-designed action items, technical assistance, and resources to achieve a successful IQIP cycle.
1. Schedule the next vaccination visit before the patient leaves the provider's site.
2. Leverage immunization information system (IIS) functionality to improve immunization practice
3. Give a strong vaccine recommendation (include HPV vaccine if the provider has adolescent patients)
4. Strengthen vaccination communications
- IQIP at a Glance for Providers PY3
- Description of the IQIP Core Strategies for Providers PY3
- Scheduling the Next Immunization Visit
- Leveraging IIS Functionality
- Give a Strong Vaccine Recommendation
- Strengthen vaccine communications
- Leveraging IIS Functionality Direct Entry
- Leveraging IIS Functionality Unidirectional
- Schedule Next Immunization Workflow- Vaccination Restart
- Immunization Workflow -Vaccination Restart- Part 1
- Immunization Workflow – Vaccination Restart – Part 2
- IQIP at a Glance for Consultants
- IQIP at a Glance for Providers
- Role of the Immunization Champion PY3
- Texas IQIP Program- Operations Manual for Providers - Rev. Date: 03/2022
- IQIP Resource Binder for Providers - Rev. Date: 03/2022