SOURCE: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Due Date: May 7, 2021, Sept. 7, 2021, Jan 7. 2022, May 7, 2022, Sept. 7, 2022, Jan. 7, 2023, May 7, 2023, Sept. 7, 2023, Jan. 7, 2024.
$ AVAILABLE: The number of awards is contingent upon NIH appropriations and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
• Public/state/private controlled institutions of higher education.
• Hispanic-serving institutions.
• Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
• Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs).
• Alaska native and native Hawaiian serving institutions.
• Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs).
• Nonprofits with or without 501(c)(3) IRS status (other than institutions of higher education).
• Small businesses.
• For-profit organizations (other than small businesses).
• State governments.
• County governments.
• City or township governments.
• Special district governments.
• Indian/Native American tribal governments (federally recognized and other than federally recognized).
• Eligible agencies of the federal government.
• U.S. territories or possessions.
• Independent school districts.
• Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities.
• Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments).
• Faith-based or community-based organizations.
• Regional organizations.
• Non-domestic (non-U.S.) entities (foreign institutions).
PURPOSE: This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) encourages applications at the intersection of HIV and aging by addressing two overarching objectives: (1) to improve understanding of biological, clinical and socio-behavioral aspects of aging through the lens of HIV infection and its treatment; and (2) to improve approaches for testing, prevention and treatment of HIV infection, and management of HIV-related comorbidities, co-infections and complications in different populations and cultural settings by applying our current understanding of aging science. Studies that move the science of HIV and aging into new directions with little or no preliminary data are appropriate for this activity code. Applications appropriate for this FOA should be consistent with the scientific priorities outlined by the NIH Office of AIDS Research (OAR) as described in NOT-OD-20-018 https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-018.html.
CFDA: 93.866, 93.846, 93.121, 93.847, 93.853, 93.393, 93.396
CONTACT: Please see URL for multiple contacts. For more information, go to https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-21-069.html.
From Grants.gov website, accessed March 31, 2021.
Subject(s): HIV/AIDS research, aged/seniors.