SOURCE: U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Letter of Intent: April 15, 2022. Grants.gov Deadline: April 26, 2022. JustGrants Deadline: May 10, 2022, 7:59 p.m. CT.
$ AVAILABLE: $2.5 million for up to six awards.
• Public/state/private controlled institutions of higher education.
• Nonprofits with or without 501(c)(3) IRS status (other than institutions of higher education).
• Small businesses.
• For-profit organizations (other than small businesses).
• State governments.
• County governments.
• City or township governments.
• Special district governments.
• Indian/Native American tribal governments (federally recognized and other than federally recognized).
• U.S. territories or possessions.
• Independent school districts.
• Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities.
• Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments).
PURPOSE: With this solicitation, NIJ seeks proposals for rigorous research and evaluation projects to support the development of objective and independent knowledge and validated tools to reduce violence against women (VAW) (including violence against elderly women and American Indian and Alaska Native women and girls), promote justice for victims of crime, and enhance criminal justice responses. For that reason, this solicitation seeks applications for grant funding to conduct research and evaluation projects examining a broad range of topics, including the crimes of domestic and family violence, homicide, intimate partner and dating violence, rape, sexual assault, stalking, and sex trafficking, along with the associated criminal justice system response, procedures, and policies.
ASSISTANCE LISTING NUMBER: 16.560
CONTACT: Please view grant opportunity for multiple contacts and more information.
From Grants.gov website, accessed March 15, 2022.
Subject(s): family violence prevention, sexual violence prevention.