Hepatitis E Resources
Objectives: Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different serologic tests for Hepatitis A virus (HAV) infection, Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, Hepatitis D virus (HDV) infection, and Hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection.
- Understand the serological diagnosis of HAV, acute and chronic HBV, acute and chronic HCV, and Hepatitis B and Hepatitis D (HBV/HDV) coinfection
- Understand the meanings of serologic markers
- Understand and interpret serologic test results
- Identify appropriate hepatitis serologic tests when presented with patient information.
Hepatitis E Overview for Students and Epidemiologists (PDF 477.66 KB)
Hepatitis E Virus
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Viral Hepatitis
Hepatitis E Slideset, Includes: Hepatitis E - Clinical Features; Hepatitis E - Epidemiologic Features; Geographic Distribution of Hepatitis E; Prevention and Control Measures for Travelers to HEV-Endemic Regions
The International Hepatitis Foundation
Hepatitis Foundation International Newsletter; Living with Hepatitis; Online Learning Center; Resource Center; Education