Training - Gender and Sexual Diversity
Gender and Sexual Diversity (GSD) – The goal of this course is to increase understanding of the dimensions of gender and sexual diversity to better serve LGBTQIA+ communities.
GSD is required for DSHS-funded HIV/STD Prevention and Care Services workforce within first year of employment. It is highly encouraged at least once for all staff funded by DSHS to provide HIV/STD Services
By the end of this training, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Explore dimensions of gender and sexuality, and differentiate sexual behavior
- Examine the impact of stigma and discrimination upon GSD populations
- List strategies for being an ally and creating a welcoming environment for GSD clients
- Learners are expected to complete all parts of the course, including prerequisites, pre-work, and post-work in order to receive your certificate of completion
- The instructor-led portion of the course on Zoom is interactive, and learners must participate to complete it
- The maximum number of participants allowed into the live virtual course is 45. If this course is full, please enroll in the next training.
This course consists of 4 modules; prerequisite, pre-work, one live virtual session, and post-work and can take up to 5 hours to complete all modules.
To learn more about GSD and register for an upcoming course, visit the Cardea Gender and Sexual Diversity page. To view all upcoming courses visit the training calendar.
To learn more, contact the HIV/STD Program.