020.070 Placement of Educational Articles in Professional Publications
|Effective Date||February 17, 2011|
|Revision Date||February 27, 2011|
|Subject Matter Expert||Public Information Coordinator|
|Approval Authority||TB/HIV/STD Section|
|Signed by||Ann S. Robbins, Ph.D. and Sharon K. Melville, M.D., M.P.H.|
To maximize communication efforts and ensure DSHS communications and management are aware of TB/HIV/STD Section (Section) educational placements in professional publications and assure Program is in compliance with DSHS News Media Policy.
In an effort to educate medical, health care and other public health professionals about the projects and services offered by the TB/HIV/STD Section, the Section will communicate with relevant professional organization membership through a variety of communications media. The Section will disseminate educational articles through professional journals, conference program guides, newsletters, websites, e-newsletters and email.
HSC §85.003 Department as Lead Agency and Primary Resource: The department, in the discharge of its duty to protect the public health, shall act as the lead agency for AIDS and HIV policy for Texas and is the primary resource for HIV education, prevention, risk reduction materials, policies, and information in this state.
Professional publications – may include—but are not limited to—professional journals, conference programs, newsletters, websites, e-newsletters, and email.
The following procedures should be followed when submitting educational/informational articles to publications targeting the relevant professionals:
- Contact DSHS Press Officer to discuss proposed placement of educational article.
- If DSHS Press Officer approves proposed placement, submit educational article draft to DSHS TB/HIV/STD Section, Health Communications and Community Engagement Group for review.
- Submit reviewed draft to appropriate TB/HIV/STD Branch Manager and DSHS Press Officer for review and approval.
- Submit Media Contact Report to DSHS Press Office.
- Unsolicited requests for educational articles or staff interviews from professional publications should be forwarded to the DSHS Press Officer for response under the existing DSHS News Media Policy No. AA 5036.
6.0 Revision History
|9/1/2017||Changed "TB/HIV/STD Unit" to "TB/HIV/STD Section" to reflect new program designation||-|
|10/8/2014||Converted format (Word to HTML)||-|