Shipping CANDIDA ISOLATES
INSTRUCTIONS FORSHIPPING CANDIDA ISOLATES TO TEXAS ARLN LABORATORY
It is required that UN3373 shipping guidelines are followed.
Texas ARLN has an account set up with FedExto ship these specimens. Please email TexasARLN@dshs.texas.gov for instructionsfor logging into the FedEx account.
When you log in to the FedEx site, pleasefollow these steps:
1. Ignore the “My Shipment” profile if this isyour first time to use this account.
2. Under “From”, click “Edit” and enter yourfacility information. Check “save newsender in address book” so that you can use the same information in the future.
3. Under “To”, please select contact name“Denise Dunbar”. The Texas DSHSLaboratory address will be populated for you.
4. Enter information under package andshipment details.
5. Please make sure to double check under“special service”. If you are not sending anything on dry ice, please make sure“dry ice” is not checked. (Sometimes“dry ice” is automatically checked but should be not checked).
Please note that you must have 2matching unique identifiers on both submission G-2E form and the specimen(patient full name and date of birth are typically the two identifiersused).
Isolates should be clonal (selected from a single colony)and submitted on a Sabouraud’s Dextrose agar slant or other appropriatemedia. (If you have CHROMagar Candidaagar plates available, these are best for isolating different colonytypes. Please ship individual colonytypes on separate slants).
The address should populate automatically by the FedExsystem. If it does not, please use:
Texas Department of State Health Services
Laboratory Services Section
1100 W. 49th Street
Austin, TX 78756-3199
Please telephone DeniseDunbar at 512-776-7342 if you only have plated medium for submitting isolatesor if you have any other questions about shipping.