Legionellosis (Legionnaires’ Disease) Resources
Water Birth Infection Prevention Guidance and FAQ
- Legionella and Water Birth: FAQ (Word, 1-20-2016)
- Texas Midwifery Water Birth Infection Prevention Guidance (June 2019, PDF)
Suggested Interview Questions for Legionella Remediation and Consulting Services
List of ELITE-certified laboratories is available at: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/elite/Public/MemberList.aspx.
CDC’s Water System Maintenance website: http://www.cdc.gov/legionella/water-system-maintenance.html.
Guidelines that can be found here include:
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE) Guideline 12-2000: Minimizing the risk of legionellosis associated with building water systems 2000
- ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 188-2015: Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems
- Working with Legionella Consultants
- Guidelines for operating public hot tubs and whirlpool spas
CDC’s Developing a Water Management Program Toolkit: https://www.cdc.gov/legionella/maintenance/wmp-toolkit.html.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Legionella Memorandum
Report of the Texas Legionnaires’ Disease Task Force
In December 1999 a multidisciplinary task force was assembled to develop a Texas Legionnaires’ disease control plan to help local health officials respond to reports of legionellosis in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and the community. The task force was composed of state and local public health officials (epidemiologists, environmental) and university and hospital representatives (physicians, infection control practitioners, facility engineer). The written product of the task force, Report of the Texas Legionnaires’ Disease Task Force, was finalized in 2002. As of 2014, several portions of the Task Force document are outdated and conflict with current DSHS guidance on legionellosis outbreak investigation. Current outbreak investigation guidelines for legionellosis may be found at /sites/default/files/IDCU/investigation/Guidance-Manuals/ or by clicking the Investigation tab at the top of the page.