Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler (TPHVS)/Client Encounter System (CES) for Providers
What was the Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler (TPHVS)?
The Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler (TPHVS) was the public-facing side of a DSHS system that allowed Texans to sign up and schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine from participating vaccine providers. This system is no longer available for registering or scheduling vaccinations.
Why use the Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler (TPHVS)?
- Eligible Texans were able to request a vaccination appointment and submit the required consent forms.
- Eligible Texans were notified when vaccines became available in their area.
- Scheduled clients received reminders and notifications (given QR code for the event).
- Vaccinated clients had access to their profile & vaccine record and received 2nd dose and booster reminders.
What was the Client Encounter System (CES)?
The Client Encounter System (CES) was the provider-facing side of a DSHS system used by providers to create and manage large COVID-19 vaccination events. This system is no longer available for providers to use.
Why use the Client Encounter System (CES)?
- Allowed providers to create vaccination events
- Allowed providers to report the number of vaccinators and available vaccines (by type) for each event date and location
- Allowed providers (i.e., contracted open enrollment vaccine administration teams, participating military partners, etc.) to access event rosters and event information
- Allowed providers to send notifications (i.e., event instructions, etc.) to registered clients
- Allowed providers to document vaccine administration in the client record
- Allowed vaccine administration reporting by event (critical for vendor deployable vaccine team invoicing and payment)
- Reported all doses administered to ImmTrac2 through an automated interface
What were the benefits of the TPHVS/CES system?
- Pre-registration of upcoming vaccine events and creation of upcoming vaccine events
- Appointment scheduling via email and SMS communication
- Data import for immunization information into CES
- Automated reporting of immunization information to ImmTrac2
- Robust reporting of immunization information, events, and doses administered
What is the Texas COVID Vaccine Support Center?
It is a call center to:
- Assist callers with locating vaccinations near them.
- Assist with general vaccine questions.
- Support homebound vaccination requests for those who are unable to leave their homes for vaccinations.
The call center is open Monday–Friday 8:00 am– 5:00 pm. 1-833-832-7067
This page is being updated as new information becomes available.