General School-Based Health Center (SBHC) Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Policy Statement on School-Based Health Centers and Pediatric Practice [pdf]
- Milken Institute School of Public Health: Center for Health and Health Care in Schools
- American Public Health Association: Center for School, Health and Education provides information on SBHCs role in preventing dropout, health and well-being, school climate, hunger and obesity, and school violence.
- Community Preventive Services Task Force: Guide to Community Preventive Services is a collection of evidence-based findings.
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners: Position Statement on School-Based Health Care [pdf]
- Nemours KidsHealth: School-Based Health Centers
- Right Place, Right Time: School-Based Health Centers Improve Care for Adolescents [pdf] is a report on a joint SBHC improvement project implemented in Colorado and New Mexico.
- California School Based Health Alliance
- School-Based Health Alliance
- Texas Association of School-Based Health Centers
SBHC Tools and Guidelines
Sample Survey Questions: The documents below contain sample survey questions. Please note that some sample survey questions are included in other documents.
- Marshall University: SBHC Parent Survey [pdf] and SBHC Student Survey [pdf]
- Health Foundation for Western & Central New York: School-Based Health Centers: Expanding Knowledge & Vision (2009)
School-Based Health Center Toolkits
- Marshall University: SBHC Quality Improvement Tools
- School-Based Health Alliance: Youth Engagement Toolkit and Sustainability Tools
- Center for Health and Health Care in Schools
- DSHS SBHC Funding: HHS Business and Contracting Opportunities has current Requests for Applications.
- DSHS School Health: Funding Opportunities
ICD-10 Coding Resources
- School-Community Health Alliance of Michigan: ICD-10: Are You Ready? (webinar)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: ICD-10 Quick Start Guide [pdf]
- Oregon School-Based Health Centers: SBHC ICD-10 Overview [pdf]
Statute and Rules Regarding Texas School-Based Health Centers
- Education Code, Title 2, Chapter 38, Subchapter B, School-Based Health Centers
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 37, Subchapter T, School-Based Health Centers
External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of State Health Services. These sites may not be accessible to people with disabilities.