Matthew Williams, D.M.D.
E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Request for Information
Cynthia C. King, R.D.H.
Regional Dental Hygienist
E-mail: mailto:email@example.com?subject=Request for Information
The vision of the Oral Health Program for Health Service Regions 8 and 11 is improved oral health for Texans based on the principle that prevention is the best and most cost efficient way to manage dental/oral diseases.
- To provide on-site preventive dental services to low-income, underserved pre-school and school-aged children who are Texas residents.
- To collect oral health data to support local, state, and national oral health policy development projects.
- To serve as a collaborative partner with other regional public health programs and others interested in the provision of dental services
- To expand opportunities for preventive dental services delivered and oral health data collection obtained through elementary schools, pre-school facilities including Head Start centers, community health fairs and public health projects, and preventive dental clinics in association with dental schools and dental hygiene programs operating within the region.
- To serve as a referral liaison between community members and regional oral health programs and partners.
- To serve as regionally based representatives of the DSHS Oral Health Program and communicate, collaborate, and inform partners about oral health in Texas.
Mobile Preventive Dental Clinics
If your school community organization is interested in hosting a preventive dental services clinic, please contact Cynthia King at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 949-2106.
Department of State Health Service Oral Health Program