For Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Registries (EMSTR)
Texas hospitals should report all traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries (SCIs), and other traumatic injuries that meet the National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB) Criteria. Facilities should also report any submersion injuries to the EMS and Trauma Registries (EMSTR).
To open Zip files:
- Open File Explorer and find the compressed folder.
- To unzip the entire folder, right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
- You can also select Extract All from the command ribbon.
- To decompress a single file or folder, double-click the compressed folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the compressed folder to a new location.
- 2020 Hospital TX Custom Data Dictionary
- 2020 NTDB Data Dictionary
- 2020 NTDB Schematron (ZIP file)
- 2020 NTDB Texas Custom Schematron (ZIP file)
- 2020 Hospital XSD (ZIP file)
- 2023 Hospital TX Custom Data Dictionary
- 2023 NTDB Data Dictionary
- 2023 ITDX Data Dictionary
- 2023 NTDB Schematron (ZIP file)
- 2023 NTDB Texas Custom Schematron (ZIP file)
- 2023 Hospital XSD (ZIP file)
NOTE - Providers will not be able to submit in the NTDB 2023 format until the system modernization is complete (scheduled for November 10, 2023.