- Download the Adult Obesity Prevalence by Public Health Region (PHR), Texas, 2020 Map
- Download the Prevalence of Leisure Time Physical Activity or Exercise Among Adults by Public Health Region (PHR), Texas, 2020 Map
- Download the Texas & Obesity Fact Sheet
- Download the accessible version of the Texas & Obesity Fact Sheet
Reports and Data on Obesity and Risk Factors
- 2020 BRFSS Obesity Prevalence Tables
- 2020 BRFSS Physical Activity Prevalence Tables
- Prevalence of Obesity among Adults by Demographic Characteristics, Risk Factors, Other Conditions, and Place of Residence, Texas, 2015
- Prevalence of Consuming Fruits and Vegetables Five or More Times Per Day Among Adults by Demographic Characteristics, Risk Factors, Other Conditions, and Place of Residence, Texas, 2015
- Prevalence of Eating at Fast Food Restaurants Two or More Times per Week among Adults by Demographic Characteristics, Risk Factors, and Comorbid Conditions, Texas, 2015
- Prevalence of Neighborhood Access to Physical Activity, Riding a Bicycle for Transportation, Walking for Transportation, and Meeting Aerobic and/or Strengthening Physical Activity Recommended Guidelines among Adults, 18 years and older, by Demographic Characteristics, Risk Factors and Other Conditions, and Place of Residence, Texas, 2015
- The State of Obesity in Texas describes current data on adult obesity, childhood obesity, and obesity-related health issues in Texas. Visit their site to learn about The State of Obesity, a project of Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Note: The State of Obesity in Texas compares obesity trends over time using data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS). In 2011, a new methodology was implemented in BRFSS. Therefore, the data from 2011 to present cannot be compared to data prior to 2011.
- Data on Obesity Prevalence Trends Among Adults and Youth in Texas
- Data on Child Obesity in Texas - Results from the 2015-2016 SPAN Survey
- Additional adult data is available via the Texas Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) Query System
- Additional youth data is available via the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) Query System
- Maternity Practices in Infant Nutrition and Care (mPINC) state reports summarize each state’s facilities’ strengths in breastfeeding support as well as the areas in need of improvement. The Texas report identifies opportunities for Texas to better protect, promote, and support breastfeeding mothers and infants, and reports from multiple years allow for tracking trends over time.
For more information, email the Obesity Prevention Program.
External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to people with disabilities.
Viewing information for PDF files