SOURCE: Draper Richards Kaplan (DRK) Foundation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling.
$ AVAILABLE: DRK provides $300,000 of unrestricted capital over three years and, most importantly, the foundation provides rigorous, ongoing support by joining the grant recipient’s board of directors and partnering with its leader to help build capacity in the organization and scale its impact. DRK invests in a wide variety of sectors. The foundation’s current portfolio includes organizations working both domestically and internationally, helping to provide critical access to health care, education, food security, social justice, water, sanitation and shelter.
• Organizations addressing a critical social or environmental issue as the focus of their work.
• Founders who intend to expand their impact significantly over time.
• Organizations operating in the United States, Africa, Europe, India and Latin America.
• Independent nonprofit and impact first, mission-driven for-profit entities, including U.S. 501(c)3 and its non-U.S. equivalents, C corporations, B corporations and hybrid organizations.
• Fiscally sponsored organizations in select cases where there is a plan to become independent.
• Post-pilot, pre-scale organizations. This typically means your program, product or service is already in the market or in the field and you have an early indication that your model is having its intended impact. Organizations in this category are usually three to five years old.
• Organizations with one or more founders who are full-time or intend to be.
Please see URL for more details about eligibility.
PURPOSE: DRK’s hope is to support outsized impact through entrepreneurs and enterprises that create a transformational paradigm shift to meaningfully address a pressing societal problem affecting people’s lives. Borrowed from its venture capital legacy, the foundation finds, funds and supports exceptional leaders with innovative and highly impactful ideas.
CONTACT: Please see URL for contact information. For more information, go to www.drkfoundation.org/apply-for-funding/.
From Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation website, accessed Dec. 2, 2021.
Subject(s): child welfare, human services, education, environmental health.
IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) Ventures Initiative
SOURCE: Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Letters of intent: Feb. 3, 2022.
$ AVAILABLE: $500,000 per project, per year.
ELIGIBILITY: Small for-profit biotechnology companies and academic or research institutions are eligible. Please see URL for more information.
PURPOSE: This grant supports research that advances the discovery or development of a specific product candidate with potential for positive impact in the IBD field. Projects should be approximately 12 months in duration.
CONTACT: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, go to www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/research/grants-fellowships/entrepreneurial-investing.
From Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation website, accessed Dec. 2, 2021.
Subject(s): medical research.