View general information about specimen receiving, lab hours and holidays.
For over 90 years, the Laboratory has worked tirelessly to keep Texans safe and healthy. The Department of State Health Services Laboratory is one of the largest public health laboratories in the U.S. Annually, we test more than 1 million samples for infectious and food-borne diseases, biological and chemical compounds, and biological agents. Every year more than 350,000 Texas babies are screened twice for 55 metabolic and genetic disorders. The Laboratory also helps keep our drinking water safe by testing water from over 6,800 public water systems.
Book traversal links for Laboratory Services
- Certificates of Accreditation
- The Laboratorian News
- Annual Laboratory Customer Service Survey
- Austin Laboratory Correspondence and Bulletins
- Directory of DSHS Laboratory Tests and Specimen Requirements
- Laboratory Fee Schedule
- Laboratory Testing Services Manual - Laboratory Tests for Diseases and Agents
- Patient Results Request