Grantsmanship and Nonprofit Management Resources
Websites that provide skills development opportunities for new and experienced grant-seekers.
- Fundraising HayDay - Grants and fundraising topics.
- Grant Writing Simplified – Insights for new grant writers.
- Grantwriting and Funding – Grant writing strategies, nonprofit funding action steps, and tips and tools.
- Great Grant Seeking – Expert advice on making a good grants program into a great one.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals - Free weekly newsletter on fundraising topics.
- Blue Avocado - Free educational content on fundraising, finance, leadership, marketing, and more.
- Community Toolbox - Service of Center for Community Health and Development at University of Kansas. Free resources to help you in building a healthier community.
- Grants.gov - Access to funding opportunities posted by federal agencies. Comprehensive federal grants learning center and community blog.
- Greenlights Grant Initiative - Grant writing resource website for schools interested in applying for federal school safety funding.
- Independent Sector - Value of volunteer time and other nonprofit resources.
- National Council of Nonprofits - Tools, resources, and research for nonprofits.
- NIH Central Resource for Grants and Funding Information - Helpful federal grant application resources - grant process overview, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Nonprofit Financial Commons - Portal and peer community for finding and sharing information and tools.
- Rural Health Information Hub - Online library including funding opportunities, toolkits, and rural data visualizations.
- Texas Nonprofit Strong - Resource directory, research and studies, impact reports, and events calendar.
- UT Grant Resource Center - Consultations and orientations for private sector funding research by nonprofits and individuals.
- Candid - Information, resources, and training for members, with some free content. Funding opportunity database access at no cost through partner sites or by subscription.
- Center For Nonprofit Management - Strategic consulting to build capacity, outcomes evaluation, and education for fundraising and building strong nonprofit organizations.
- Grant Station - Free and member-only trainings and webinars. Funding opportunity database access by subscription.
- Grantable - Free self-guided artificial intelligence (AI) grant writing course.
- Nonprofit Austin at ACC - Certificate programs in grant writing and nonprofit management, grant research center with free and membership options.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab - Free trainings on fundraising, communications, and other resources to lead your organization.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy - Low-cost live and on-demand webinars. Subscription-based access to funding database. Free newsletter with trends and opinion pieces about the nonprofit world.
- The Grantsmanship Center - Free and low-cost trainings, webinars, and grant writing resources.
Disclaimer: External links to other sites are intended to be informational and are not endorsed by the Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to persons with disabilities. External email links are provided to you as a courtesy. Please note that you are not emailing the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and DSHS policies do not apply should you choose to correspond.