Phosphatase - Fluorometer - Milk and Dairy
Phosphatase- Fluorometer- Milk and Dairy
|Synonym(s):||Fluorometer, Fluorophos, Phosphatase|
|Requisition Form||G-84; G-21; G-21 RR|
|Test Description||The Phosphatase test accurately determines whether raw milk was properly pasteurized, and if necessary determine the origin of the phosphatase activity detected.|
|Supplemental Information Required||N/A|
|Performed on Specimens from (sources)||Food|
|Sample/Specimen Type for Testing||
Pasteurized Cow/Goat Milk
|Minimum Volume/Size Required||
|Storage/Preservation Prior to Shipping||
• Place milk sample in sterile zip-lock or whirlpack bag or other sterile plastic container.
• Store on ice. Must be kept between 0.0°C and 4.5°C.
|Specimen Labeling||Sample Identification must match submission form.|
|Shipping and Specimen Handling Requirements||
• Ship samples on Ice and/or Ice Packs.
• Samples must be shipped for overnight delivery.
• Ship according to Dangerous Good Regulations, IATA, and/or CFR 49.
|Method||FORM FDA/NCIMS 2400j-1 Advanced Instruments Fluorophos ALP Test|
|Turn-around Time||4 Days|
|Common Causes for Rejection||
• Insufficient specimen
• Not collected by a Registered Sanitarian
• Improperly stored
• Failure to meet shipping guidelines