Resources for Drivers - Medical Advisory Board
The Texas Department of State Health Services advises the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) in the licensing of persons having medical limitations which might adversely affect driving. This is now mandated under Health and Safety Code, Title 2 - Subtitle A, Chapter 12, Subchapter H.
This page provides resources for drivers (especially those whose medical information is being reviewed).
Forms and Publications for Drivers
Links for Drivers
- Family and Friends Concerned About an Older Driver
- Driving When You Have Macular Degeneration
- Driving When You Have Glaucoma
- Driving When You Have Cataracts
- Questions and answers regarding medical oversight of noncommercial drivers
- Texas Department of Public Safety- Texas Medical Revocation
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Driving Safety Home