Wild Animals

Dangerous Wild Animals

Chapter 822 of the Texas Health and Safety Code requires the registration of certain dangerous wild animals by their owners. Registration is through animal registration agencies such as municipal or county animal control offices or county sheriffs*.

*Owners of dangerous wild animals need to contact their local animal registration agency for an application and instructions that are applicable to their area.