Texas Syndromic Surveillance (TxS2) Use Cases and Success Stories
Texas Syndromic Surveillance (TxS2) is the statewide syndromic surveillance system for Texas.
DSHS staff, LHD staff, and hospital infection preventionists use TxS2. We share the experience of these partners to show the importance of syndromic surveillance. The syndromic surveillance success stories below show this impact.
DSHS wants to highlight syndromic surveillance use cases for day-to-day surveillance and for unexpected events such as hurricanes or disease outbreaks. New use cases will be added when they are ready.
Please contact DSHS at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or you would like to share your syndromic surveillance success story.
Syndromic Surveillance Activities
- COVID-19-Like Illness in Texas Syndromic Surveillance Systems
- 2022 Syndromic Surveillance Sickle Cell Report
- 2020 Sickle Cell Task Force Report
- Houston Health Department - Influenza Surveillance
- DSHS Public Health Region 2/3 - Influenza Surveillance
- DSHS Syndromic Surveillance Program - Influenza Surveillance
Syndromic Surveillance Success Stories
- Houston Health Department - Hurricane Harvey
- DSHS Public Health Region 2/3 and Tarrant County Public Health - Hurricane Harvey
- DSHS Public Health Region 2/3 - Pediatric Influenza Table Top
- Syndromic Surveillance for Occupational Health Surveillance Guidance Document and Examples
Syndromic Surveillance Posters
- PHR 1
- PHR 2/3
- PHR 6/5S
- PHR 7
- PHR 8
- PHR 9/10
- PHR 11
- Austin Public Health – Hurricane Harvey
- Austin Public Health – Austin Boil Water Notice
- Austin Public Health – Key Word Surveillance
- Tarrant County Public Health
Syndromic Surveillance Use Cases
Uses cases will be added when they are available.