Permit Information - Abusable Volatile Chemicals Program

Who is Required to Obtain an AVC Permit?

An AVC Permit is required for:

  • Retail businesses that will be selling AVC Products and do not have a current AVC Permit
  • Retail businesses that have previously held an AVC Permit, but has had a change of ownership or a change of permitted business location

Applying for a new AVC Permit is easy. Prior to starting your application, you will want to have the following information readily available:

  • Business information, including physical and mailing addresses
  • Ownership information
  • Your Federal Tax ID number


All Abusable Volatile Chemical (AVC) Permits must now be submitted through the Regulatory Services Online Licensing System .  You can pay by credit card or electronic check.

Fee Schedule

DSHS has been authorized by the Texas Legislature to charge an additional fee to recover costs associated with development and maintenance of services. There is an additional fee of $2.00 that will be added to the two-year AVC permit fee of $55.00. Therefore, the total permit fee for each facility will be $57.00 (for both initial permits and renewals). This fee applies to all AVC permit holders, including parent companies, whether or not your business chooses to apply for its AVC Permit online.

Additional Help and Resources

If you have any questions about the online application service, please contact the AVC Permit Program by email, or call (512) 834-6600.

For assistance using the online licensing system, please see the Frequently Asked Questions about Online Licensing webpage.

For technical assistance contact and please provide detailed information about your issue(s), including a description of your problem(s). Please insert or attach relevant screen captures, if possible.