Abusable Volatile Chemicals Program

The Abusable Volatile Chemicals Program provides for licensure, inspection, outreach and education, and enforcement of rules and statutes pertaining to restriction of minors from purchasing inhalant-abuse products and to proper signage for retail establishments that sell abusable volatile chemicals. The Abusable Volatile Chemical Program operates through fees generated from permitting of retail facilities that sell regulated products.

Effective September, 1, 2022, all Abusable Volatile and Chemical (AVC) applications, initial and renewals will be required to be submitted online through the Regulatory Services Online Licensing System. You will need to create an account to submit your application online.

Start Application here

  • New Users must create a new online account. Log in with the password emailed to you to access online services.
  • To apply for a New License application:
    • choose the board Abusable Volatile and Chemical
    • select “AVC Initial Application”, then click select
    • follow the steps and enter all information needed
    • pay the fee, then submit
    • application will be in queue for processing
  • To Renew an existing License:
    • under Additional Activities, select “Add Licenses to Registration”
    •  Step 1, select Yes, then click next
    • Step 2, choose the board Abusable Volatile and Chemical
    • choose license type Abusable Volatile Chemical Sales permit, then click next
    • Enter: 
      • License Number
      • Organization (Business) Name
      • Physical business location’s Zip code
      • Finish security captcha questions, then click next
    • Confirm if the information is correct, then hit next
    • you should see a renewal listed under “It is time to Renew!” on the Main Menu after logging into the system
    • select the license number
    • pay the fee, then submit
    • application will be in queue for processing

AVC parent companies will need to create a single account to avoid any potential errors.

If you have any questions and concerns, please email us at avc@dshs.texas.gov.

Permit Requirements

For information on who is required to obtain an AVC Permit, fee schedules, and online licensing procedures, view the Permit Information page.

Get in Touch