Sign-Up for Electronic Reporting
The most popular way of submitting results is through electronic submission. Over 85% of all results were received electronically in 2020! Electronic submissions improves data quality and expedites data processing. In addition, the improvements of data quality and processing improves the case management of elevated blood lead levels.
We currently offer two methods for electronic submission: External facing data entry portal and Secure File Transfer Protocol. You are able to sign up for both methods.
External Facing Data Entry Protocol (Blood Lead Surveillance System)
This is our newest reporting mechanism that submits individual results directly to BLSB. To sign-up, please visit our Blood Lead Surveillance System site.
The process of submitting results through the Blood Lead Surveillance System is simple:
- New users will have to register for an account.
- Select the option “I would like to enter individual patient data directly onto the Blood Lead Surveillance.”
- New users must complete requested information. Failure to do so will delay the approval of their account.
- New users will be notified by email when their account is approved.
Once an account is created, users will be able to enter their data onto the system. Required information must be entered to submit a report successfully.
For questions, please contact us by phone: 512-776-7151, or by email: TexasBloodLead@dshs.texas.gov.
Secure File Transfer Protocol (GlobalScape)
This is our traditional system for submitting results toBLSB. Clinics are able to submit multiple blood lead results. Clinics may enterresults into an already formatted document provided by BLSB, or clinics cansubmit their own files. Files can come from Electronic Health Records (EHRs)and LeadCareII software. To sign-up, please visit our sign-up form.
The process to set up an account for our GlobalScape systemis simple:
- New users will complete thesign-up form. All areas of the form must be completed, or their request will bedelayed.
- Users will be emailedinstructions to create an HHS Enterprise Access Account. In addition,instructions on how to request access to the GlobalScape system will beattached.
- Users will request accessto the GlobalScape system through their HHS Enterprise Account.
- Users will be emailedinstructions on how to access their GlobalScape account. In addition,instructions on how to submit data files will be attached.
Once an account is created, users will be able to uploaddata files through GlobalScape. Required information must be completed for asuccessful submission. Failure to do so will result in rejection of thesubmission. In the event of a rejection, the data files must be correctedbefore re-submission.
For questions, please contact us by phone: 512-776-7151, orby email: TexasBloodLead@dshs.texas.gov.