Education and Partnerships
Responsible entities should generate awareness among the general public about vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases with educational, promotional, and outreach activities.
The Immunization Ambassadors program helps responsible entities establish community roots.
- Responsible Entities’ Communications and Partnerships Reference Guide
- DSHS Immunization Ambassador Toolkit
For more information about Observances and Partnerships, please see the DSHS Immunization Contractors Guide for Local Health Departments and the additional resources listed below:
- National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM)
- National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW)
- CDC Recognized Vaccine Events
- Texas Immunization Partnerships and Coalitions
- Texas Immunization Stakeholder Working Group (TISWG)
- Five Communications Ideas (AIM) (PDF)
- Five Communications Ideas Participant Packet (AIM) (PDF)
- The Immunization Partnership Presentation (PDF)
Last updated June 14, 2021