Critical Congenital Heart Disease (CCHD) in Texas
The Texas Pulse Oximetry Project’s CCHD Toolkit is the result of a joint educational project from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio/Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine/Department of Pediatrics and Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). The project was funded by the DSHS. The toolkit provides educational and technical information on screening for CCHD.
Critical Congenital Heart Disease (CCHD) Toolkit
- Algorithm Card (PDF)
- CCHD NBS PowerPoint Presentation for Physicians (PDF)
- CCHD NBS PowerPoint Presentation for Nurses (PDF)
- Brochure, English/Spanish, positive screen (PDF)
- Brochure, English/Spanish, for families (PDF)
- Sample Physician Order (PDF)
- Sample Nursery Policy (PDF)
- Sample Screening Log (PDF)
- “Taryn’s Story” – 4 minute video script (PDF)
- “Lifesaving Newborn Screen” - 30 sec. PSA script (PDF)
- Wall Poster for Newborn Nursery – Algorithm (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our frequently asked questions web page for more information critical congenital heart disease and reporting to DSHS. Sign up to receive e-mail updates about newborn screening.