Public Health Region 8 Public Health Organizations Offering Mpox Vaccinations
Mpox vaccines are being made available by public health organizations in DSHS Public Health Region 8, located in south central Texas.
The JYNNEOS vaccine has been shown to prevent mpox and is FDA approved. Individuals that meet one or more of the criteria listed below may be able to receive a mpox vaccine, as supply allows.
Groups prioritized for vaccine:
- You have been identified as a close contact of someone with mpox
- Individuals who have had a sex partner in the past 14 days that was diagnosed with mpox.
- Men who have sex with men and have had multiple or anonymous sex partners within the previous 21 days.
- People who have had received a diagnosis of HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or early syphilis within the previous 12 months.
- People who are on HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- People who have a condition that may increase their risk for severe disease if infected with mpox virus, such as HIV.
If you meet one or more of these criteria, you may be able to receive a mpox vaccine at one of the locations listed below. Please reach out to each organization to learn more about vaccine availability and to make an appointment. Most vaccination sites are providing vaccines by appointment only.
|San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
|San Antonio, Texas
|DSHS Region 8 – Seguin
|DSHS Region 8 - Kerrville
|Comal County Public Health Department
|New Braunfels, Texas
|Victoria County Public Health Department
Please see the following for more information about the mpox virus: