Public Health Region 11 Birth Defects Monitoring Division
To be one of the most accurate, efficient, innovative, and responsive birth defect registries in the state.
To identify and describe the patterns of birth defects in our region. To collaborate in finding causes of birth defects, working towards prevention, and linking families with services.
- Create and maintain a registry of birth defects in our region.
- Describe patterns of birth defects in our jurisdiction.
- Monitor data for changes in rates through time and place.
- Respond to request for data in accordance with regional guidelines.
- Assist to conduct cluster investigations.
- Support the education of the general public and health professionals about the causes, surveillance, impact, and prevention of birth defects.
- To collaborate in education and preventive measures to reduce birth defect prevalence region wide.
- Identify and collaborate on the referral of children with special needs to appropriate services.
Texas Birth Defects Monitoring Division -- http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/sites/default/files/birthdefects/default.shtm