Public Health Region 11 Preparedness and Response Program
Our vision is to safeguard lives by ensuring that all counties and local health departments in Region 11 are prepared to respond to public health emergencies due to acts of bioterrorism, other outbreaks of infectious disease, and other public health threats and emergencies.
The purpose of Public Health Emergency Preparedness is to ensure Region 11 counties are prepared to respond to a public health emergency due to bioterrorism, other public health threats. We work with local jurisdictions’ stakeholders to formulate and integrate plans, coordinate resources and training, and exercise protocols for public health emergency response. Program staff are also prepared to assist in any other part of the state.
The purpose of Public Health Preparedness (PHP) is to ensure Region 11 counties are prepared to respond to a public health emergency due to bioterrorism, other public health threats through planning and coordination with stakeholders. We work with our local, regional, and state jurisdictions’ stakeholders, including, but not limited to local health departments, emergency management coordinators, and school officials, to formulate and integrate public health emergency preparedness and response plans, coordinate resources and training, and conduct exercises to validate the effectiveness of our regional public health emergency response plans. We are also prepared to assist in any other part of the state.
- Build and strengthen regional ability to effectively respond to a range of public health threats, including infectious diseases, natural disasters, and biological, chemical, nuclear, and radiological events.
- Develop regional public health preparedness and response plans.
- Coordinate the Regional Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) Program.
- Plan for risk communication and disseminate health information.
- Coordinate and participate in education and training.
- Coordinate and participate in exercises to test plans.
- Conduct quality assurance with contractors.
Kamara Abdul, Program Manager, Office: 956-421-5509
Leslie Morales, Regional Planner, Office: 956-421-5516
Joseph Lucio, Training & Exercise Officer, Office: 956-421-5556
Monica Espinoza, Regional SNS Coordinator, Office: 956-421-5505
Jay Escamilla-Newell, Special Projects Coordinator, Office: 956-421-5528
Michael Marquez, Program Liaison, Office: 361-362-6161
VACANT, Administrative Support, Office: 956-421-5510