The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is committed to making its websites accessible to all users and compliant with all state and federal standards. We have included several features designed to improve accessibility. Some of these features are described below.
- Images on the site contain “alt tags” with descriptions of the image, which aid users who navigate site content using a screen reader.
- Audio and video clips are accompanied by plain text scripts or captions.
- We test any major redesigns with screen readers (such as JAWS), Colour Contrast Analyser, and the Web Accessibility Toolbar to identify barriers to accessibility in web pages.
- We provide “skip navigation,” a method for skipping to the page content, sidebar, header, and footer navigation areas.
- Our Contact Us page provides a map of the central campus with wheelchair accessible parking and entrances noted.
We welcome comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology, and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact the HHSC Electronic Information Resource (EIR) Accessibility Coordinator:
(Peope who are deaf or hard of hearing can use 711 or the relay services of their choice.)
Please include the following information to enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you:
- The nature of your accessibility problem
- The URL of the content you are trying to access
- The preferred format to receive the material (if applicable)
- Your contact information
For questions regarding other accessibility issues, please contact the For questions regarding other accessibility issues, please contact the HHSC Civil Rights Office:
TTY toll-free: 877-432-7232
Austin office: 512-438-4313
You can also visit the HHSC Civil Rights Office website for additional information.