Youth Facilities - Required Reporting of Unassigned Administered Epinephrine Auto-Injectors to DSHS
Youth facilities must report the administration of unassigned epinephrine auto-injectors. This requirement is in the Texas Health and Safety Code, §773.0145.
Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 40, Subchapter C, Section 40.23 defines youth facilities as:
- Child-care facility
- Day camp or youth camp
- Youth center
- Small employer-based day-care facility
- Temporary shelter day-care facility
- Listed family homes
- Any other private or public entity that would benefit from the possession and administration of epinephrine auto-injectors, that provide services for youth under the age of eighteen
No later than 10 business days after the date an unassigned epinephrine auto-injection is administered, youth facilities must submit a report in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 40, Subchapter C, Section 40.21-40.28. The report must be submitted to the:
- Owner of the facility,
- Prescribing physician, and
- Commissioner of the Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Submission of this electronic form meets the reporting requirement for DSHS. Be sure to report complete, detailed, and accurate information.
Please fill out the entire form and provide detailed information.
All fields with an asterisk (*) must be completed.