View quick links for national and state resources to quit smoking, learn about the many health risks due to smoking.
Tobacco use kills more than 1,300 people a day in the U.S. and is the leading cause of preventable disease, disability, and death. Each year, tobacco claims more lives than AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders, and suicides combined.
We aim to reduce the toll of tobacco on the health, safety, and well-being of Texans. Our goals are:
- To keep young Texans from starting tobacco use
- Support enforcement of tobacco laws
- Helping more Texans to quit smoking and stay smoke-free
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke
- Reduce tobacco use among high-risk populations
- Develop and maintain statewide capacity to support all the above
What We Do
Showing 7 - 7 of 7
Tobacco Prevention & Control Branch (TPCB)
Mail Code 1965
1100 West 49th Street
Austin, TX 78756