Binational TB Program - Referral Criteria
The Texas binational TB programs provide assistance or make recommendations in evaluating, diagnosing, treating, and monitoring clients with suspected or confirmed TB disease. A client must meet any one of the following criteria to receive services through the Binational TB Program:
- The client starts treatment in the U.S. but returns to live in Mexico
- The client is referred from the U.S. for treatment or follow-up in Mexico
- The client has dual residency in the U.S. and Mexico
- The client has contacts on both sides of the border, in the U.S. and Mexico
- The client lives in Mexico but has relatives in the U.S.
Contact the individual programs to initiate a referral to the binational program. U.S. jurisdictions needing to transfer a patient to the binational program please submit the Interjurisdictional TB Notification (IJN) Form. Mexico jurisdictions please submit the Formato de Referencia para Jurisdicciones en México.