Antibiotic Awareness Week
The U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week (USAAW) will be observed November 18-24, 2023. This annual one-week observance highlights the steps everyone can take to improve antibiotic prescribing and use.
Please join the Texas DSHS in the fight against antibiotic resistance by becoming more aware of actions to improve antibiotic prescribing and use.
Simple actions such as posting the CDC's Be Antibiotics Aware educational materials throughout your facilities or place of work will improve awareness about the importance of appropriate antibiotic use to effectively treat infections, protect patients, and combat antibiotic resistance.
Sign-up for the DSHS and the CDC e-mail listservs for news and updates on antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use!
CDC’s U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week Events:
Saturday, November 18th – Thursday, November 24th, 2023
- Join the global Twitter Storm on Saturday, November 18th using the official hashtags #WAAW and #AntibioticResistance.
- The CDC plans to send out approximately 13 tweets from @CDCgov, @CDC_NCEZID & @CDC_AR Twitter handles.
- For more information: https://www.cdc.gov/antibiotic-use/week/toolkit.html.
CDC resources to use in observation of USAAW:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week (USAAW)
- Be Antibiotics Aware Partner Toolkit
Get Involved webpage to learn about more ways to participate in USAAW
- Be an antibiotics whiz. Test your knowledge about antibiotics.
- Stewardship Report
- Core Elements
- Spanish Resources
- Information for patients on antibiotic use and resistance in Spanish (Recursos educativos para pacientes y profesionales de atención médica.)
- Antibiotic Stewardship Training
- This interactive web-based activity contains four sections designed to help physicians optimize antibiotic use to combat antimicrobial resistance and improve healthcare quality and patient safety.
- CDC’s Antibiotic Stewardship Training Series
- Information on specific topics related to antimicrobial resistance