Texas Primary Care Office (TPCO) - How do I find a J-1 visa waiver job in Texas?

»    The first thing to keep in mind when looking for a qualified job opportunity is the Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) and Medically Underserved Area (MUA) designation status.

»     Not all HPSA’s and MUA’s meet the requirements for the Texas Conrad 30 program.

»     Contact our office to find out the eligibility status of specific HPSAs and MUA’s.    

»    Look for regions of the state that would suit your preference for climate, access to schools, recreation etc…

»    Once you have some idea which regions interest you and which counties are available, use trade publications, recruiters, and/or the "AHA Guide to the Health Care Field" published by the American Hospital Association to help locate opportunities in your specialty. 

»    3RNet also has information on navigating the J-1 job search and application process on their website at  https://www.3rnet.org/Resources/J1-Waiver.

»    You can also check out different job search resources on the TPCO's Healthcare Provider Job Resources page

Return to J-1 Visa information


Contact Texas Primary Care Office
Last updated June 30, 2020