EMS Exam Information
This information is to assist you in scheduling your EMS certification or licensing exam. All testing for ECA, EMT, Advanced EMT and paramedic certification/licensure will be done through National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at Pearson VUE testing sites.
- All education programs and students must register with NREMT at www.nremt.org.
- Pearson VUE is a separate entity that has an agreement with NREMT to give the exams.
- The Authorization to Test (ATT) is your permission slip to contact Pearson VUE to schedule your exam.
- Coordinators should issue students an individual course completion certificate;
- Certificates are audited as needed by DSHS.
- Course completion certificate information is needed to apply with DSHS.
- DSHS course number
- Completion date
- The ECA and EMT practical (skills) testing are part of the education course.
- National Registry representatives are still needed for advanced practical exams.
- To schedule the exam, have the program name and program number assigned to your registration program by NREMT.
Texas EMS Renewal Candidates – Written Exam Option
- The written exam option is still available.
- This assessment exam will be a CBT exam as well.
- The exam is developed for DSHS by NREMT and follows the same process for the other CBT exams.
- Create your account, and choose assessment exam.
- Exam results will be reported directly to DSHS.
- Visit the NREMT webpage or call the NREMT at 614-888-4484.